Joining National Bank Investments (NBI) means growing in a dynamic environment and having the opportunity to learn and progress within a team that values collaboration, innovation, risk-taking, the right to make mistakes, and client satisfaction.
The words ''impossible'' and ''status quo'' are not part of our vocabulary.
NBI is an investment fund management firm committed to manufacturing and distributing mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, investment solutions, and services designed to help Canadian investors pursue their financial goals.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Index and Systematic Strategies, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the research and development process for a quantitative / systematic investment strategy.
- Act as a catalyst in researching and developing a quantitative / systematic investment strategy
- Analyze academic articles about quantitative finance and apply / test the main concepts concretely
- Create, modify, integrate and test different programming modules
- Develop a backtesting environment for the various suggested parameters of the strategy
- Apply replicable scientific reasoning and document it
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer a hybrid (remote and in the office) work model and work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work / life balance.
- Quantitative experience
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in progress in financial engineering, data science, computer science, actuarial science or any other related field
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation, an asset
- Practical experience in finance / trading-oriented programming
- Strong Python and VBA programming skills (Java an asset)
- Knowledge of programming support tools : Atlassian Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket, an asset
- At ease navigating APIs and cloud environments
- Experience with Amazon’s AWS platform and associated services
- Experience with SQL structured databases
- Interest in different alternative strategies, systematic portfolio management and automation
- Experience of an extracurricular quantitative finance project related to portfolio management / investment
- Experience in process optimization (an asset)
- Understanding of and familiarity with the various steps in the investment process (setting investment objectives, determining asset allocation, choosing an investment strategy, selecting securities and measuring and evaluating performance)
- Work well under pressure
- Agility / strong ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and present information in layman’s terms
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Sense of initiative and team spirit
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), required, as you will need to communicate with unilingual English-speaking partners on a regular basis
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas.
Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Come live your ambitions with us!Less than 1 hour ago