Your team's dynamic :
Ready to be part of a dynamic team? Learn how you’ll work with others to achieve the groups objectives and how you’ll be supported in this role.
As part of Genetec’s Unified Content Services Department, the Web Developer designs, develops, and maintains our various client-facing web applications.
This person also supports content creators throughout the organization in delivering information as part of a unified content strategy.
As the ideal candidate, you’re someone who loves to learn new technologies and is willing to jump in anywhere and use your developer skills to help solve problems.
A day in the life of a Web Developer :
Want to get a sense of what you’ll be handling on a daily basis? Here’s a brief overview of some of your key tasks.
- Builds and maintains web applications following Genetec's web design guidelines and design system
- Connects frontend systems with content management systems through backend APIs
- Customizes, troubleshoots, and documents the publishing tools for Genetec Inc.
- Develops and maintains style sheets and specializations, as required
- Identifies and implements web best practices
- Updates the publishing tools with current releases
- Tests and upgrades the DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT) for our various custom plugins
- Participates in code review and approval workflows
- Actively researches methodologies to make the publishing tools more efficient
- Implements continuous improvement initiatives related to our web applications
- Trains members of the Unified Content Services Department about the publishing tools
- Actively participates in analysis and planning meetings
More about you :
- Degree in Web Development, Computer Science, a related field, or related work experience
- 1+ years of experience
- Understanding of responsive design principles, web standards, and UI / UX best practices
- Understanding of XML, XSLT, regular expressions, and validation languages
- Demonstrated the ability to document, track, troubleshoot, and resolve issues quickly
- Knowledge of the DITA architecture and the DITA-OT an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works well autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience in an Agile development environment and familiar with the Kanban methodology
Let’s talk perks!
- Attractive compensation package
- Training Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Subsidized meals in our amazing Bistro (Les Cordons Bleus)
- Work-life balance with a flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited coffee
- Private, free parking for all employees
- Onsite fitness facility with personal trainer
Please note : this job description is translated from French.2 hours ago