The employer is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
The employer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
JOB OPPORTUNITY : RESEARCH / INNOVATION ADVISOR, SPORTS SCIENCE
Description : Institut national du sport du Québec is seeking an Advisor to coordinate research and innovation activities with provincial sport organizations.
Reporting to the Lead, Research and Innovation and the Director, Sport Science, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the Synergistic Projects program, including but not limited to the preparation and follow-up of requests for financial support, planning, follow-up and implementation of activities with partners.
He / she will orchestrate the assessment of partners’ needs across the various provincial research and innovation programs.
The advisor will be responsible for providing scientific, technological, research and innovation advice to sports federations and customers.
He / she will also lead and supervise scientific activities in research and innovation and performance support.
The candidate will have a good general knowledge of sports science and sports medicine, while remaining at the forefront of scientific advances in these fields.
The candidate should also demonstrate excellent customer service, communication and scientific information dissemination skills.
You will have a nice range of responsibilities in this position, including but not limited to :
- Plan and ensure the implementation, follow-up and evaluation of INS Québec’s Synergy Projects component of the Excellence Development Support Program (EDSP);
- Provide scientific, technological, research and innovation advice to sports federations, particularly organizations involved in Synergy Projects;
- Prepare and follow up requests for financial support, alone or in collaboration with the persons in charge;
- Carry out or participate in scientific and technological activities arising from various programs;
- Apply laboratory and field test protocols appropriately;
- Recruit, welcome, supervise, mentor and evaluate university students, interns and contract workers specialized in sports science;
- Participate in scientific and technical development activities.
- Orchestrate the assessment of partners’ needs in terms of research, innovation and information dissemination within the framework of Synergy Projects;
- Participate in the assessment of partners’ needs in terms of research, innovation and information dissemination within the framework of other provincial programs such as Avantage Québec and the program for scientific and medicalsports services (SSMS);
- Establish service contracts in collaboration with an administrative coordinator;
- Assist the person responsible for the budgetary follow-up of programs arising from Synergy Projects;
- Compile data to draw conclusions that can inform the work of coaches.
- Share information on Synergy Project results;
- Plan and coordinate events to share and disseminate information (e.g. conferences, reading clubs);
- Prepare technical and scientific conferences;
- Participate in the training and development of high-level athlete coaches and other sports managers;
- Represent INS Québec in various forums.
Profile and requirements :
Doctorate (Ph.D.) in one of the sports physical activity sciences (exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports psychology, motor learning, etc.
or Master’s degree (M.Sc.) and a minimum of three years’ experience in project management.
- Specialization in exercise physiology is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of sports science and sports medicine;
- Very good knowledge of university research;
- Very good knowledge of research tools and methods (e.g. Google Scholar, ResearchGate, PubMed);
- Very good knowledge of the elite athlete development process and of Quebec and Canadian sport structures and programs;
- Very good command of French and English, both oral and written;
- Excellent command of office automation tools / software;
- Good skills in developing, implementing and evaluating programs and services;
- Knowledge of a programming language is an asset (e.g. R, Python);
- Good skills in popularizing scientific results;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Strategic vision and results orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organized, able to manage priorities and autonomous;
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple and concurrent files;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Sense of ethics and confidentiality;
- Stay abreast of trends in its field of expertise.
We offer great working conditions such as :
- The work schedule is 35 hours a week, full-time, flexible schedule in hybrid mode. Salary based on experience and training of selected candidate;
- A group RRSP program with an employer contribution of up to 5% of salary;
- A complete group insurance program with options, after three months’ service;
- Three weeks’ annual vacation;
- 10 days sick leave per year;
- Free on-site indoor parking (taxable benefit). Workplace is easily accessible via public transit;
- Access to the Institute’s training room;
In addition to a workplace where excellence, ethics and collaboration make up our daily routine, making us an essential performance partner for Quebec and Canadian high performance sport.
About INS Québec : By focusing on science, innovation and technology, Institut national du sport du Québec embodies the Genius behind performance by offering cutting-edge solutions powered by a team of experts and partners to push the limits of each of our athletes.
The Institute is deployed across Quebec thanks to its network made up of eight regional multi-sport training centers, 18 single-sport training centers and its Olympic Park Complex which hosts ten high-level training groups.2 hours ago