SUMMARY OF THE POSITION Reporting to the Director Organizational Quality & Cultural Safety, the incumbent contributes to the implementation of the CBHSSJB Strategic Regional Plan and ensures that Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun and Miiniwaachihiikusiiwin (Traditional Healing Approaches) are available and that Cree culture is respected as part of the quality of services provided by the CBHSSJB.
In this respect, the incumbent contributes to the planning and implementation of programming, traditional protocols, practices standards and quality assurance systems in all nine communities.
The incumbent also contributes to the development of community partnerships, through supporting the local Miyupimaatisiiun committees and engaging local traditional healing initiatives.
The incumbent ensures that necessary linkages, supports, training, information and advice are readily available to community groups and service providers to facilitate capacity development in the nine communities of Eeyou Istchee in the pursuit of continuous enhancement of Miyupimaatisiiun for individuals, families and communities.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS -Ensures that the Nishiiyuu Council of Elders (NCOE) guidance and norms for Traditional Protocols and Practices, according to the terms of reference of the NCOE, are respected.
- Ensures that the services developed and / or provided are Eeyou-Eenou centred, based on respect and honoring the autonomy of individuals and communities, responding to their needs in relation to achieving Miyupimaatisiiun.
- Contributes to the development of Miyupimaatisiiun committees. -Contributes to development of the local strategic plans for each community.
- Assists through local Miyupimaatisiiun committees in determining grass roots health care priorities. -Facilitates partnership and mobilizes communities to improve all health and social determinants, with the objectives for them to take charge of the health, social wellness, and autonomy of their population.
- Ensures the circulation of information and intelligence to and from the different communities, the different CBHSSJB units, the health and social services network, other Cree or First nation entities, etc.
- Ensures effective flow of information between CMCs and other community groups, on the one hand, and the DOQCS and Regional CCIC, on the other hand, to support the objective of beneficiary-driven service design and delivery.
- Advocate, on behalf of CMCs and local community, initiatives within the CBHSSJB and relevant partner entities. -Including other functions describe in the job description.
- REQUIREMENTS Education and Experience : -Bachelor's degree in a health, social work, social sciences or other appropriate discipline, and 3 years of Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun and Miiniwaachihiikusiiwin (Traditional Healing Approaches) related program delivery or planning experience or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience, based upon association with Traditional knowledge and Activities may be considered;
- An extensive knowledge of Eeyou (Cree) culture and traditional healing approaches combine with hands-on experience of Nishiiyuu life's skills can compensate the bachelor degree in a clinical field.
- Knowledge and Abilities : -Holder of Traditional Eenou / Eeyou Traditional Knowledge and holistic healing practices, at a level appropriate to program development planning;
- Good knowledge of Nishiiyuu (Cree) Cultural, traditional healing, supporting, helping and medicine knowledge practices and the historical impact traumas affecting the health and social aspects of the Cree in Region 18 and include demonstrating understanding of the Ministry of Health of Social Services Quebec (MSSS) norm and standards, laws regulations etc.
- and how it works. -Strong knowledge in communications, experience in negotiation; -Strong knowledge in Cree Governance administration, James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), Health Canada funding and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of the strategic planning of programs, integrated programming, multidisciplinary team design, professional and organizational interdependence, information management and evaluation;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to Cree Nations professional services programming;
- Good knowledge of CBHSSJB programs and services; -Good record in an appropriate level of professional services or programming line management or leadership, and human, financial, and information resources management is an asset;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services; -Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Ability in statistical and administrative computer applications, and management information systems; -Ability to provide professional leadership to line management and staff;
- Must demonstrate a good record of professional & personal integrity; -Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation; -Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills as applied to professional practice planning and implementation;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills. LANGUAGE -Fluent in Cree and English; -Fluency in French is an asset.
Ability to read government documents in French as an asset. OTHER -Willing to travel on an occasional basis.Less than 1 hour ago