Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America.
Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking a Manager Strategic Procurement - Global Travel - Corporate Travel, Training & Events, based at our Montreal Headquarters.
The successful candidate will play a key role as a category manager for all aspects of hotel accommodations and ground transportation initiatives, globally, for corporate travel, training, as well as encompassing Business / Transient travel, meetings, room blocks, long term stays, and training.
The individual will be working with all Air Canada Stakeholders that require Hotels and Ground Transportation services including travel management companies to fully leverage our portfolio of global brands.
The incumbent will be a key contributor in executing strategies, creating synergies and leverage spend and relationships with hotels, event spacing & car rental companies across all branches within Air Canada.
- Manage our Corporate Travel spend and relationships with our internal stakeholders to source hotels and event spaces in Canada and / or around the globe for corporate led or branch events.
- Utilize Air Canada's extensive partnerships with global hotel chains to offer the most suitable option, products, and services to our internal stakeholders, ensuring their needs are met effectively.
- Play a crucial role in promoting centralization of spend by ensuring that all branches and individuals adhere to HR and procurement policies for employee business travel and corporate spend for meetings and events.
- Ability to handle individual VIP bookings and group bookings with discretion.
- Work with our 3rd party TMC to ensure negotiated rates with Hotels and ground transportation (GT) providers are provided in a cost-effective manner to employees.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver strategic leadership, focused on value delivery, efficiency / cost savings, governance, and control.
Conduct supply market research, establish sourcing strategies for all Corporate Travel needs, lead competitive bid processes, draft, and conduct Request for Proposals.
- Help plan, track and manage the overall travel policy, lead negotiations and contract execution with Hotels and ground service providers.
- Establish corporate category procurement strategies :
- Leverage existing understanding of the hospitality industry to strengthen Air Canada's negotiating positions and assist with all Corporate Travel requests, including but not limited to large company wide events to individual business travel as well as subsequent invoicing and reconciliation.
- Analyse and monitor category and supplier spend as well as expiring contracts to uncover potential sourcing and consolidation opportunities through data and supplier business reviews.
- Contribute to the overall development of our Employee Corporate Travel Program
- Manage all internal corporate travel management areas such accommodation and transportation requirements by ensuring negotiated rates and discounts for individual Air Canada business travel are provided and loaded into Air Canada's online corporate travel platform.
- Manage and report compliance to corporate travel policies, including managing updates, as needed and continuously being subject matter expert in process, reporting, and execution of all Corporate Travel.
- Lead and manage the sourcing of space for corporate meetings and events.
- Manage relationships between multiple internal stakeholders to assist in the selection process of hotel accommodations, event space and ground service providers for all types of requests by issuing RFPs, evaluating responses, and performing site inspections, as necessary.
- Conduct negotiations to draft and execute contracts according to Air Canada's Strategic Procurement standards.
- Ensure that hotel quality issues and feedback are addressed in a timely manner.
- University degree in a relevant field (commerce, supply chain, Hotel / Tourism Management)
- Travel management experience
- Hotel Sales or Management experience (Event, Groups)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity and creative thinking.
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and accommodate changing priorities.
- Completion of (or working towards) a SCMP designation, ISM or other procurement designation, an asset.
Conditions of Employment :
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits / visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees' unique contributions to our company's success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.Less than 1 hour ago