We require all our head office associates to be proficient in French, spoken and written.
Position is REMOTE : The selected candidate must reside within 250 km of our BOUCHERVILLE (Qc) office.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization.
Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, we could be perfect for each other.
- Identify, evaluate, document and validate technical, functional and business needs in order to make improvements to existing computer systems, in order to implement a new solution that better meets the needs of the organization.
- Document and execute the various tests (unit, functional, automated) that will validate the quality and proper functioning of a program
- Work with internal development teams as well as external partners.
- Experience in BI
- Understand the software development cycle, be able to write scripts and be able to review the solutions implemented by other developers in order to identify bugs
- Must have good analytical and communication skills
- Must also be organized, meticulous, rigorous, and be able to write documentation.
- Also demonstrate some creative spirit
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in defining and estimating project effort, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating the status of the project activity and timely notification and escalation of possible issues / problems to the Project Manager
- Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact on existing work processes and systems and how to manage integration
- Maintain continuous communication with all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet deadlines
- Able to assess the appropriate level of priority and detail and / or effort on a given project.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Availability to do support outside of Open Hours.
The qualifications we are looking for
- SQL Server / SQL Language
- Knowledge of Oracle (SQL and PLSQL)
- Knowledge of PowerBI and any other reporting software (MicroStrategy an asset)
- Azure Analysis Services / Visual Studio (Microsoft Analysis Service Project)
- Relational Database Management Systems (knowledge of relational model principles
- Advanced knowledge of PowerBI (including Power Query and DAX as well as Tabular Model Scripting Language) for both data model creation and reporting.
- Knowledge of Tabular Editor and DAX Studio an asset
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server and SQL language, as well as a good understanding of relational modeling principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA, Access an asset
- Knowledge of Progress OpenEdge (SQL) an asset
- Knowledge of other reporting software (MicroStrategy an asset)
- Creative, imaginative and curious with a great DIY mentality, along with self-learning interest
- Good knowledge of the business and ability to understand users’ needs and problems; commercial finance understanding.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and autonomous
- Good organization and time management skills, easily adapting to changing priorities and ability to cope with deadline pressure
- Ability to work directly with clients
By joining the RONA family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as :
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all RONA Inc. locations)
- Benefits : retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, student incentive program, etc.
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. RONA is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion.
We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.2 hours ago